3206SOAP::Lite and Proxies

  • Mick Watson
    Dec 4, 2003
      Hi

      OK I know I can't be the only person having trouble with SOAP::Lite and
      proxies!

      My very simple script is trying to access the KEGG API. It looks like this:

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl
      use SOAP::Lite;
      $url = 'http://soap.genome.ad.jp/KEGG.wsdl';

      my $response = SOAP::Lite
      -> service("$url")
      -> proxy('http://wwwcache.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080')
      -> get_pathways_by_enzymes(['ec:1.3.99.1']);

      foreach (@{$response}) {
      print "$_->{'kid1'}\t$_->{'kid2'}\t$_->{'sw_score'}\n";
      }

      This script basically times out. The message I get back is:

      Service description 'http://soap.genome.ad.jp/KEGG.wsdl' can't be
      loaded: 500 Can't connect to soap.genome.ad.jp:80 (connect: timeout)

      Now here's the thing - if I use my browser, then
      http://soap.genome.ad.jp/KEGG.wsdl can be accessed perfectly, and I
      can connect to soap.genome.ad.jp:80. And my browser uses
      http://wwwcache.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080 as the proxy. Sooooo, to conclude:

      My browser can connect to the resource using my proxy
      SOAP::Lite cannot connect to the resource using my proxy
      SOAP::Lite must be doing something different to what my browser does
      that makes it not work.

      Anyone have a clue what that might be?

      Thanks

      Mick