3190Parameters by name on Server side

  • Tod Harter
    Nov 30, 2003
      Subject: Parameters by name on Server side
      Date: Sunday 30 November 2003 7:28 pm
      From: Tod Harter <tharter@...>
      To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com

      I've got a SOAP::Lite based server I wrote a while ago. It exports a number
      of functions which accept parameters in a 'named parameter' fashion (IE
      either a perl hash or a flat list of name->value pairs). This is convenient
      enough when the client side is also perl, but I wrote a JavaScript client
      today and it just seems like it would make more sense to use standard SOAP
      named parameters.

      The question I have is really do I have to basically write my own dispatcher
      to do that? I can send named parameters from the client easily enough, but
      the way the dispatcher on the server side is written there seems no real way
      to get in their and tweak what gets passed to the dispatched function/method.
      The server is a mod_perl handler, so its basically:

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache
      -> dispatch_to('.', qw(GEB::SOAP::MBase GEB::SOAP::JSMBase
      GEB::SOAP::ProxyUserManager GEB::SOAP::JSProxyUserManager))
      -> options({compress_threshold => 10000})
      ;

      sub handler
      {
      $server->handler(@_)
      }

      It seems to me that SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache->handler() pretty much
      encapsulates the entire shebang with no place you can really intervene. Is
      there a point where I can override some methods in the deserializer? I tried
      various techniques to override some of its functionality but the thing seems
      to be completely incomprehensible...

      --
      Tod Harter
      Giant Electronic Brain