314Re: Can the server process parameters by name?

  • Ashley Clark
    May 14, 2001
      * Chris Davies in "Re: Re: Can the server process parameters by name?"
      * dated 2001/05/14 09:46 wrote:

      > Are you able to share the approach? I've posted my offering - but it
      > requires that some parameters are mandatory so it can determine
      > whether names or positions have been used.

      Yes, but the reason I hesitated before was that I did not check for
      whether they are passed by name or position (and I assume that if
      coming as a SOAP object they are named). I think that you are concerned
      with whether they come across the wire named vs. positional, correct?

      --snip--
      sub login {
      my $self = shift;
      my $som, $email, $pass;

      if (ref($_[-1]) eq "SOAP::SOM") {
      $som = pop;
      ($email, $pass) = @{$som->method}{qw(email password)};
      } else {
      ($email, $pass) = @_;

      return SOAP::Data->name('Result')->type('boolean' => 1);

      hackers ally
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic