3027Re: [soaplite] Compatibility

  • Víctor A. Rodríguez
    Sep 25, 2003
      Byrne,

      thanks for your help.

      > * if this is a commercial application I would first understand the needs
      > of the customer as you often can't dictate how they will use your service.

      well, this is an open source initiative (TRex - http://trex.sf.net).
      The main use of SOAP here is to permit the usage of software components
      built using other languages than Perl. Then with some glue code, that
      software component (just any piece of code that performs some defined
      function) could be converted to a SOAP server, using TRex as a client.

      That's why my question, because not only it needs to be language
      independent BUT, but also have some SOAP implementation independence.

      Thanks again for your help.
      --
      Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
      El bit Fantasma (bit-man)