3013Re: How do I create an optional string?

  • gnawed
    Sep 18, 2003
      Thanks for the quick reply.

      Actually, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve a "wrapper"
      element, i.e. your solution would change my original call into
      something like:

      setName(aFullname)

      where 'aFullname' is of type Fullname.

      I want to have a call like:

      setName(lastname, firstname)

      where both params are strings, but the WSDL file will define the
      input message as having an optional 2nd param.

      Is this possible? Is it necessary? i.e. can I call this method w/o
      the firstname and not get an error?

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Byrne Reese <byrne@m...> wrote:
      > <xsd:complexType name="Fullname">
      > <xsd:all>
      > <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="firstname"
      > type="xsd:string"/>
      > <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="lastname"
      > type="xsd:string"/>
      > </xsd:all>
      > </xsd:complexType>
      >
      > You were on the right track in a previous method where you defined a
      > data type. That is one way anyway...
      >
      > On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 22:46, gnawed wrote:
      > > If I have a method that takes two strings, but only the first one
      is
      > > required:
      > >
      > > setName(lastname, firstname)
      > >
      > > How do I convey that in the WSDL file? Do I need to create a new
      > > type? Or can I use minOccurs/maxOccurs in the <message><part>...
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > click here

      Service.
      > --