2986Re: [soaplite] Segfault

  • Byrne Reese
    Sep 11, 2003
      I am not necessarily saying you are wrong - but I am not convinced that
      SOAP::Lite is causing the segfault - in my experience, segfaults typically
      come from compiled code, which SOAP::Lite it not. Chances are, mod_perl is
      coring.

      Check your config - and gdb on your httpd process. It's easy:

      * start apache and wait for the httpd processes to spin up
      * do a `ps -aef` and find the pid number of one of the httpd processes
      * run `gdb <pid>`
      * then type 'run'
      * hit your apache server with .NET until the process you attached yourself
      to cores, then type 'bt'

      You will most likely see that mod_perl is the culprit - when it is, it is
      usually due to a bad install... try recompiling mod_perl (make clean
      first)...

      > SOAP::Lite is working really well on our development servers. However I¹ve
      > just moved the code to our production machines and it seems to be causing
      > segfault.
      >
      > I¹m using, BSD, mod_perl-1.27, perl-5.8.0 and SOAP-Lite-0.55, with
      > Apache::SOAP providing the transport. My apache error logs show; [Wed Sep
      > 10
      > 17:26:19 2003] [notice] child pid 27240 exit signal Segmentation fault
      > (11)
      >
      > My SOAP client (.NET WebService Studio), returns the exception;
      > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
      > the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying
      > connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
      >
      > This seems confirm the segfault. Any ideas on the cause would be very,
      > very
      > welcome!
      >
      > Mark

      ^byrne :/