2986Re: [soaplite] Segfault
- Sep 11, 2003I am not necessarily saying you are wrong - but I am not convinced that
SOAP::Lite is causing the segfault - in my experience, segfaults typically
come from compiled code, which SOAP::Lite it not. Chances are, mod_perl is
Check your config - and gdb on your httpd process. It's easy:
* start apache and wait for the httpd processes to spin up
* do a `ps -aef` and find the pid number of one of the httpd processes
* run `gdb <pid>`
* then type 'run'
* hit your apache server with .NET until the process you attached yourself
to cores, then type 'bt'
You will most likely see that mod_perl is the culprit - when it is, it is
usually due to a bad install... try recompiling mod_perl (make clean
> SOAP::Lite is working really well on our development servers. However I¹ve^byrne :/
> just moved the code to our production machines and it seems to be causing
> I¹m using, BSD, mod_perl-1.27, perl-5.8.0 and SOAP-Lite-0.55, with
> Apache::SOAP providing the transport. My apache error logs show; [Wed Sep
> 17:26:19 2003] [notice] child pid 27240 exit signal Segmentation fault
> My SOAP client (.NET WebService Studio), returns the exception;
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
> the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying
> connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
> This seems confirm the segfault. Any ideas on the cause would be very,
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>