288Re: Autogenerating WSDL

  • paulclinger@yahoo.com
    May 4, 2001
      Hi, Chris!

      That's interesting. What I'm thinking about is some internal
      representation of service description, so you can get it from WSDL,
      or generate WSDL from it on the fly if required and at the same time
      it'll allow you DO NOT name/type all parameters explicitly on client
      side. I see it as:

      WSDL (or any other service description)
      ^

      internal representation <------- POD doc (=for soaplite)

      method call information

      Internal representation could be similar to what we have now in stub
      (take a look into teh result of stubmaker.pl)

      At the same time I'd like to be able to apply it to ANY data
      structure, for example I want to generate XML and don't want to
      type/name/attr all element, so I can define/create those structure
      and APPLY it toward my Perl data. WSDL or XML Schema can be generated
      from those descriptions and vice versa. That's the goal according to
      my understanding. It's only draft on paper for now, but that's how I
      see it. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- In soaplite@y..., "Chris Davies" <Chris.Davies@M...> wrote:
      > What I would like in SOAP::Lite is a "simple" way of defining my
      functions,
      > parameters, and data types, so that a WSDL file can be automatically
      > generated. The syntax seems straightforward enough; the fundamental
      problem
      > is interpreting the argument lists in the perl subroutines -
      obviously
      > impossible as perl doesn't use function prototypes.
      >
      > Perhaps one could create a hash that you register with the
      SOAP::Lite
      > server, something like,
      > %WSDL = (
      > NAMESPACE => "http://my.namespace.here",
      > ENCODING => "...",
      >
      > MyFunc => {
      > IN => { Arg1 => string, Arg2 => int }
      > OUT => { ReturnValue => int }
      > },
      > AnotherFunc => {
      > IN => { Param1 => int }
      > },
      > };
      > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      > -> dispatch_to ('/home/soap/web_modules')
      > -> register_wsdl (\%WSDL)
      > -> handle;
      >

      > Note, I've invented this structure "on the fly", so it's going to
      need some
      > revisions.
      > Chris
      > --
      > Chris Davies, Manheim Interactive (Europe)
      > Tel. 0870 444-0450 Fax. 0870 444-0482 Email. MOL@M...
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic