287Autogenerating WSDL

  • Chris Davies
    May 4, 2001
      What I would like in SOAP::Lite is a "simple" way of defining my functions,
      parameters, and data types, so that a WSDL file can be automatically
      generated. The syntax seems straightforward enough; the fundamental problem
      is interpreting the argument lists in the perl subroutines - obviously
      impossible as perl doesn't use function prototypes.

      Perhaps one could create a hash that you register with the SOAP::Lite
      server, something like,
      %WSDL = (
      NAMESPACE => "http://my.namespace.here",
      ENCODING => "...",

      MyFunc => {
      IN => { Arg1 => string, Arg2 => int }
      OUT => { ReturnValue => int }
      },
      AnotherFunc => {
      IN => { Param1 => int }
      },
      };
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to ('/home/soap/web_modules')
      -> register_wsdl (\%WSDL)
      -> handle;

      Note, I've invented this structure "on the fly", so it's going to need some
      revisions.
      Chris
      --
      Chris Davies, Manheim Interactive (Europe)
      Tel. 0870 444-0450 Fax. 0870 444-0482 Email. MOL@...