281One More Question

  • Craig Kelley
    May 2, 2001
      Hello Again,

      I have my code working fine, but I was wondering why this specific example
      is wrong:

      --= Server =--
      use strict;
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      $SIG{PIPE} = 'IGNORE';

      -> new (LocalPort => 1983)
      ->
      dispatch_to('/usr/local/home/ink/programming/pharmon/server/server_mods')
      ;

      print "Contact to SOAP server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
      $daemon->handle;

      --= Client =--
      use strict;
      use Carp;

      my $uri = "http://localhost/";
      my $proxy = "http://localhost:1983/";

      use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
      uri => $uri,
      proxy => $proxy,
      debug => sub { print @_; }
      ;

      The server works fine. The BEGIN{} for the SOAP::Lite client always dies
      with this error message:

      proxy: transport protocol not specified
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./client.pl line 22.

      I looked through the Lite.pm code and found that proxy() was being called
      with a single null parameter (which fired the error message). Going
      backwards from there seemed a bit daunting :)

      PS - When is the Perl SOAP::Lite book coming out? :)

      -Craig
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic