2778Re: [soaplite] Catching a 500 Error client side?

  • Byrne Reese
    Jul 3, 2003
      You should be able to wrap the call in an eval block and effectively
      catch the error:

      use SOAP::Lite;
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service("http:/some.server.com:4221");
      eval {
      $soap->setPersonStatus(30, 1000039);
      }
      # An error will be stored in $! if one occurs.

      On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 12:09, Adhamh Findlay wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I've got a simple soap client that looks like this:
      >
      > #!/usr/bin/perl
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service("http:/some.server.com:4221");
      > $soap->setPersonStatus(30, 1000039);
      >
      > Right now, if the server is down or otherwise times out I get this
      > error:
      >
      > Service description 'http:/some.server.com' can't be loaded: 500 Can't
      > connect
      > to some.server.com:4221 (Timeout)
      >

      > At this point, my client dies. This client actually needs to keep
      > running
      > in
      > the background...
      >
      > Is there a way to catch this 500 error on the client side, report the
      > error,
      > and keep running? I found information in the docs about server side
      > faulting
      > and errors, but nothing about the client side.
      >

      > Thanks!
      >
      > Adhamh Findlay
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > click here