2690Re: VB .NET client -> Perl SOAP:Lite server on Solaris

  • kedsbarve
    Jun 9, 2003
      Hi Michael:

      1. Normal VB client code to access WSDL using SOAP/Lite server on
      Solaris:

      I am using MS Soap toolkit 2.0/3.0

      Download MS Soap toolkit 3.0:
      ------------------------------
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C943C0DD-
      CEEC-4088-9753-86F052EC8450&displaylang=en

      or search on MSDN

      =====
      Dim sc, wsdl
      Set sc = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")

      wsdl = "http://10.21.24.28:8000/wsdl/ldapControl.wsdl"
      sc.mssoapinit wsdl

      Dim v

      v = sc.userView("kbarve", "cn,mail")

      MsgBox v

      ======

      2. Using C# (.net)
      -------------------

      . Create a Web Reference to the WSDL URL. Using Visual Studio .NET

      private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
      {
      String str;
      ldapControl x = new WebReference1.ldapControl();
      str = x.userView("user", "attributes");
      Console.WriteLine(str);
      }

      Hope this helps. Also I would recommend using the Altova XMLSpy
      editor, its a good tool or also you can use the .NET WebService
      studio client application (download from: http://www.gotdotnet.com)

      Hope this helps!!!

      Cheers!
      Kedar

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "michaelcano2003" <mcano@s...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I posted earlier on a WSDL generator question, but I should
      probably
      > just state my ultimate goal.
      >
      > I'm very new to VB .NET and have used Perl on unix for many years.
      > I'd like to create a Perl SOAP::Lite web service on a Solaris
      > machine and a VB.NET client on a Windows XP Pro box. I'm using
      > Visual Studio .NET 2003.
      >
      > Any adivce, docs, code would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's
      > just a "Hello World" example that would suffice.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > -Mike
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic