2597Re: [soaplite] Possible bug in SOAP::Lite

  • Vishal Verma
    May 7, 2003
      --- Duncan Cameron <dcameron@...> wrote:
      > A couple of points.
      > A package might have been loaded due to it being
      > within the same file as
      > another package. For example;
      >
      > file A.pm
      >
      > package A;
      >
      > package A::SubPackageA;
      >
      > 1;
      >
      > Odd perhaps, but still valid. In this case you
      > definitely don't want to
      > do a 'require A::SubPackageA;'. So checking %INC
      > isn't quite the right
      > thing to do.

      I have a question. Does it hurt to do a "require
      A::SubPackageA", if "A::SubPackageA" has already been
      loaded? What side effects will that have?

      > In your case,
      >
      > sub never_call_me
      > {
      > B::foo();
      > }
      >
      > shouldn't you have a 'use B;' statement anyway.

      Remember, I told you that nobody calls
      "never_call_me". So we don't actually need a "use B;"
      statement for this to work. Odd perhaps, but still
      valid. I actually saw this happen!

      -vish

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic