2583SOAP::Lite interoperability

  • Alberto Accomazzi
    May 5, 2003
      I'm trying to come up with an application-specific module based on
      SOAP::Lite that can be used to implement simple SOAP services (both
      client and server). The goal is being able to exchange queries
      consisting of data structures (hashes and arrays), not just plain
      strings. Both client and server need to easily interoperate with other
      SOAP services written using other toolkits (axis, BEA logic, nusoap,
      etc.), so I'm trying to come up with a solution that offers the greatest
      amount of interoperability.

      From what I've been reading, it looks to me like the majority of
      toolkits is moving towards supporting and encouraging use of
      document/literal encoding for complex data structures rather than the
      soap/rpc encoding, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how I
      can accomplish this using SOAP::Lite.

      Has anybody had success in coming up with a paradigm where you can use
      SOAP::Lite's functionality to serialize/deserialize data structures
      using literal encoding? It looks like I can do this on the client side
      by doing something like:

      my $inxml = '<foo>bar</foo>';
      $data = SOAP::Data->name('payload')->value($inxml)->type('xml');
      $soap->outputxml(1);
      my $outxml = $soap->call('method', $data);
      # now unpack xml document

      But how can I do the equivalent on the server side?

      Thanks,

      -- Alberto

      Alberto Accomazzi
      NASA Astrophysics Data System http://adswww.harvard.edu
      Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics http://cfa-www.harvard.edu
      60 Garden Street, MS 83, Cambridge, MA 02138 USA