2426Serializer question (prevent c-gensymNN node)

  • Ajit Deshpande
    Mar 3, 2003
      Is there a way to not allow the serializer to add the
      "c-gensumNN" top-level node while serializing a hash?

      I really do not want to create a custom Serializer. I am sure
      others have run into a similar problem while writing
      SOAP::Lite clients that talk to MS SOAP services.

      To demonstrate the problem:

      my $args = {
      'key1' => 'val1',
      'key2' => 'val2',
      };

      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri($ns)
      -> proxy($server)
      ;

      my $som = $service->myRequest($args);

      The above results in the following XML message string to be
      sent to the server:

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp1:MyRequest>
      <c-gensym3 xsi:type="namesp2:SOAPStruct">
      <key1 xsi:type="xsd:string">val1</key1>
      <key2 xsi:type="xsd:string">val2</key2>
      </c-gensym3>
      </namesp1:EchoRequest>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>

      I would prefer that the "<c-gensym>" node not be generated.

      Is there a way I can do this w/o creating a custom Serializer?

      If not, will Paul be interested in a patch that will allow the
      hash serializer to take in a parameter that will determine
      whether to create an enclosing node?

      Thanks,
      Ajit
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic