2404Returning objects: SOAP::Lite server -> .NET client

  • Bruno Connelly
    Feb 20, 2003

      I've read through the threads I can find about SOAP::Lite server/.NET
      client interop and almost have everything just about functional.

      The only thing that I'm still having issues with is returning an
      object to a .NET client (all other returns seem to work fine). The
      XML payload my SOAP::Lite server generates causes the .NET client to
      throw an exception as such:

      There is an error in XML document (1, 584). --> Cannot assign object
      of type System.Xml.XmlNode[] to an object of type Blah.foo.

      It appears that the .NET client is expecting the SOAP body portion of
      the XML payload something like:

      <soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <echoFooResult href="#id1" />
      <q1:foo id="id1" xsi:type="q1:foo"
      <a xsi:type="xsd:string">string</a>
      <b xsi:type="xsd:string">string</b>

      While the SOAP::Lite server's return looks like:

      <namesp1:echoFooResponse xmlns:namesp1="http://domain.com/SOAPTest">
      <foo xsi:type="namesp2:foo">
      <a xsi:type="xsd:string">string</a>
      <b xsi:type="xsd:string">string</b>

      The biggest difference I can see is the fact that the value portion of
      the payload exists outside of the <...Response> element in what the
      .NET side is expecting.

      If anyone has any ideas whatsoever on how I need to change my approach
      (either on the SOAP::Lite or .NET side) to make everything coalescent,
      I'd be much obliged.

      Thanks for your time,

      /* Bruno Connelly, <bruno@...> */
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic