2333Re: [soaplite] interoperability: perl soap::lite client - java apache soap server

  • Steve Piercey
    Jan 31, 2003
      > I have a java soap service that takes a user-defined object
      > as request parameter and returns a user-defined object as
      > the soap response. I have a java client that works fine with
      > this service.
      > Now, my problem is that I would like to demonstrate
      > interoperability with a perl soap::lite client. I get a "No
      > Deserializer found to deserialize..." message as a fault
      > (SOAP-ENV:Client).
      > Does someone have an example of perl soap::lite sending a
      > user-defined object as a soap request to a java server?
      > Any suggestions would be appreciated!

      I'm using Apache Axis 1.0 with a SOAP::Lite client.
      I've found that the maptype() and blessed object references work together
      well for Java

      I have a Graphic Bean in Java with two members "path" and "image". Using
      SOAP::Lite and the Graphic object declared as a "bean" in the Apache Axis
      "wsdd", this works for me: Note the maptype() declaration. Without this, it
      doesnt' work.

      use SOAP::Lite;
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> new('uri' =>'urn:Xpp',
      proxy => 'http://localhost:8080/axis/services/XppGraphic',
      maptype => {Graphic => 'urn:Graphic'},
      xmlschema => '2001',
      on_fault => \&fault);

      my $gr = bless {'path' => "default", 'image' => "foo.jpg"} => 'Graphic';

      my $file = $soap->getGraphic($gr)->result;

      HTH

      Steve Piercey
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic