2222Re: attachments don't work with apache axis?

  • msanesh <anesh@hotmail.com>
    Jan 2, 2003
      Thanks for your speedy reply.

      It so happens that MIME module in perl does not send CRLF as
      boundary delimiters, which apache axis parser is expecting. Perl
      client sends only LF, which is making the parser fail.

      As far the spec, it does say CRLF needs to be sent.

      Anesh.

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Anesh,
      >
      > > send
      > > CRLF all the time, but only LF. I don't now if that's the
      problem.
      > Shouldn't be a problem. As far as I remember it's allowed by the
      > spec.
      >
      > > Also, the perl client is sending
      > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
      > > after the http header.
      > Yes. It looks like it's a limitation of the Axis implementation.
      SOAP
      > with Attachments spec [1] is clear:
      >
      > "The primary SOAP 1.1 message must be carried in the root body part
      > of the Multipart/Related structure."
      >
      > The MIME spec (The MIME Multipart/Related Content-type) [2] is also
      > clear:
      >
      > "The "start" parameter, if given, points, via a content-ID, to the
      > body part that contains the object root. The default root is the
      > first body part within the Multipart/Related body."
      >
      > SOAP::MIME module uses the start element to point to the root part
      of
      > the message that containts SOAP envelope. SOAP::Lite module is able
      > to parse MIME messages that may or may not use "start" parameter. I
      > would ask the same question on axis-dev list; maybe my understanding
      > is not correct.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.
      >
      > [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments
      > [2] http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MIME/rfc2112.txt
      >
      > --- "msanesh <anesh@h...>" <anesh@h...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am trying to send an attachment to a server running apache
      > > axis,
      > > but axis is not able to parse the mime message. It works if I use
      > >
      > > java client to send attachments. I looked the the packets being
      > > sent
      > > in the both the cases and it looks like the perl client does not
      > > send
      > > CRLF all the time, but only LF. I don't now if that's the
      problem.
      > > Also, the perl client is sending
      > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
      > >
      > > after the http header.
      > >

      > > Here is my perl code.
      > >

      > > use SOAP::Lite;
      > > use SOAP::MIME;
      > > use MIME::Entity;
      > >
      > > my $cid = "bar";
      > > my $ent = build MIME::Entity
      > > Type => "application/octet-stream",
      > > Encoding => "base64",
      > > Path => "/tmp/ZR.java",
      > > Filename => "ZR.java",
      > > 'Content-Id' => "<$cid>",
      > > Disposition => "attachment";
      > >
      > > my @parts = ($ent);
      > >
      > > my $som = SOAP::Lite
      > > ->uri("")
      > > ->parts($ent)
      > > ->proxy("http://localhost:8300/axis/servlet/AxisServlet")
      > > ->echo(SOAP::Data->name("source")->attr({href => "cid:$cid"}));
      > >

      > > Thanks,
      > > Anesh.

      > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic