2154Beginner question

  • absolsp
    Dec 2, 2002
      Hello,

      I justed started using SOAP::Lite and I have a basic question.
      How do I create a simple structure like the following

      @data = (['Data Segment', 'Payload segment']);

      into

      <refseg href="ref-12345"/>
      <data id="ref-12345" SOAP-ENC:root="0">
      <segment1> Data segment </segment1>
      <segment2> Payload segment </segment2>
      </data>

      Does SOAP Lite automatically create the "ref-12345" id's or do I need
      to supply them? Is it possible to create the structure as

      <refseg>
      <data id="ref-12345" SOAP-ENC:root="0">
      <segment1> Data segment </segment1>
      <segment2> Payload segment </segment2>
      </data>
      </refseg>

      In the second case, the tag <data> is now embedded inside the
      <refseg> tag. Does SOAP give you control on which type of xml is
      output (referenced data or embedded data). Any pointers to help me
      create the both the first and second type of output will be highly
      appreciated.

      thanks,
      Thomas
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic