2054Re: [soaplite] Server-Side Resuest & Response Logging

    Nov 12, 2002
      Hi Ian,

      > The server-side doesn't use the transport trace. It is trivial to
      > add it by modifying SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm file.
      Right. In fact, as far as I remember server-side trace was there
      couple of versions ago, but was removed due to several reasons. It
      will be back, however not before logging support is redesigned
      (Log::Dispatch::Config and Log::Log4perl are two candidates).

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Ian Burrell <ib@...> wrote:
      > Josh Staiger wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I am using a mod_perl based SOAP server.
      > >
      > > I would like to be able to capture the raw XML of all
      > > requests and responses sent to and from the server.
      > > Is there an easy way to do this on the server-side?
      > >
      > > I know how to do it with a SOAP client using +trace,
      > > but can this be used with a SOAP server with
      > > SOAP::Transport::HTTP? If so then how?
      > >
      > > Right now my server code looks like this:
      > >

      > The server-side doesn't use the transport trace. It is trivial to
      > add
      > it by modifying SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm file. I added:
      >
      > SOAP::Trace::transport($self->request);
      >
      > to the top of SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Server::handle, and
      >
      > SOAP::Trace::transport($self->response);
      >
      > to the end of make_response.
      >
      > - Ian

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic