2018Confusing behavior

  • simon.fairey@ft.com
    Nov 7, 2002

      Hi,

      I have a v.small test module but am getting odd behaviour, I'm using mod_soap with Apache. My little Demo.pm is:

      package Demo;

      sub hi {
        return "hello";
      }

      sub bye {
        return "goodbye, cruel world";
      }

      1;

      and my client is:

      #!/bin/perl

        use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
          uri => 'Demo',
          proxy => 'https://user:pass@blah/mod_soap',
          on_fault => sub { my($soap, $res) = @_;
            die ref $res ? $res->faultdetail : $soap->transport->status, "\n";
          }
        ;

        print hi()."\n";

      This all works fine until I add say a use DBI; in my Demo package and then it still runs but I get no output?

      Am I missing something fundamental here?

      Si

      This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
      intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies.