195Re: [soaplite] Re: client-server forwarding trickery

    Apr 12, 2001
      Hi, Michael!

      While other methods for $soap object you may stack with arrow syntax
      (->) because they return $soap object itself (when assigned value),
      method call always returns SOAP::SOM object which gives you access to
      the results of call:

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->....;
      my $som = $soap->method(@parameters);
      print $som->result;

      which is the same as:

      print $soap->method(@parameters)->result;

      You skip assignment of result of method call, and got the wrong
      results. Hope it helps.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- mbrutsch@... wrote:
      > Paul,
      >
      > I am setting up an object, like so:
      >
      > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      > ->uri/proxy/etc();
      >
      > my $object = $soap
      > -> call(new => parm1,
      > => parm2)
      > -> result;
      >
      > Then I call a method on that object:
      >
      > my $result = $soap
      > -> method($object)
      > -> result;
      >
      > $result contains the result. However, if I split the $soap->result
      > off, like so:
      >
      > $soap
      > -> method($object);
      >
      > my $result = $soap
      > -> result;
      >
      > I always get '1' as a result. I'm trying to use the following line
      > you sent me last week:
      >
      > > print $soap->fault ? $soap->faultstring : $soap->result;
      >
      > What am I doing wrong?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Michael

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/