1913Question on 'Cannot encode... as hash, encode as map instead'

  • Ron Murphy
    Oct 14, 2002
      Hi,

      I have some code similar to

      sub foo
      {
          my $class = shift;
          my %hash;
          $hash{""} = "emptyval";
          $hash{"bbb"}{""} = "emptybbbval";
      }

      This prints warnings like,

      Cannot encode unnamed element as 'hash'. Will be encoded as 'map' instead
      Cannot encode 'value' element as 'hash'. Will be encoded as 'map' instead

      I see that values such as empty string do not conform to what XML wants as names, so that's fine.  The receiving SOAP::Lite client also grabs these mutated values just fine as hashes.

      My question is, what would be equivalent code I can write, in order to **encode these as map values in the first place?**  I'd rather write code that does not produce warnings (I don't want to disable warnings like these).

      If there is any documentation explaining this already, kindly point me to it.

      Thanks
      Ron
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic