1810SOAP::Lite server

  • shihewang
    Sep 7, 2002
      Hello,
      I am a beginner. I need help to start a SOAP::Lite server.
      I am trying SOAP:Lite server-client from Quick Start Guide with SOAP
      and SOAP::Lite at Solaris. I run the client hibye.pl at my home
      address, it works. Now I downdload the server, hibye.cgi to my ./cgi-
      bin/, and change the client as:
      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://www.dept.university.com/~mylogin/cgi-bin/Demo')
      -> proxy('http://www.dept.university.com/~mylogin/cgi-
      bin/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      When I run the client, nothing displayed.
      I have set both hibye.cgi and hibye.pl chmod 755. I have also
      setup .htaccess in ./mylogin/public_html:
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/home/machine/mylogin/public_html/cgi-
      bin/Demo"

      Please tell me I should do let SOAP::Lite server work. Thanks.

      Shawn Wang