181Access to modules

  • mbrutsch@intrusion.com
    Apr 10, 2001
      The SOAP::Lite guide states that "during dynamic dispatch access to
      @INC is disabled (due to security reasons)". Before I go hacking
      SOAP::Lite to remove this crippling restriction, I'm wondering just
      what the "security reasons" are for doing this. We have a large,
      well-defined tree of object modules, and, as far as I can tell, the
      only way to use them is either to (A) copy (or link) them all into a
      single directory (which won't work due to name overlaps) or (B) list
      them individually in a massive dispatch_to() call. Can anyone shed
      any light on this problem?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic