1789RE: [soaplite] 5.6 vs 5.8 differences??...or...???

  • Pierre Denis
    Aug 29, 2002
      It is probably a bug in perl 5.8
      UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD is broken in 5.8 and it is used by SOAP::Lite when
      autodispatch is "on"

      Try these 3 examples below, and you'll see that UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD is
      broken under 5.8 - they all should display "Universal called (Foo::bar)..."
      and the 1st example doesn't...
      Leon Brocard has submitted a perl bug about it.

      Basically, "autodispatch" option is in trouble because of this bug (there
      are some CPAN modules having the same problem).

      ================
      Foo->bar;

      package UNIVERSAL;
      sub AUTOLOAD {