1783Re: [soaplite] Who should escape data?

  • Eric Promislow
    Aug 28, 2002
      Hello, Duncan (and other list members),

      I led the dev't on the proxy generator, but several people have
      also worked on it. We take WSDL and generate classes from it,
      using XSLT. Currently we're generating wrappers for
      SOAP::Lite only, and that technology is in Visual Perl 1.5 --
      Komodo sometime in the future. The idea was to make it just
      as easy to consume web services in VS.Net with Perl as it
      is in C# or VB.Net.

      - Eric

      On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 05:45:23AM +0000, Duncan Cameron wrote:
      > On 2002-08-27 Eric Promislow wrote:
      > >I made this request to the Amazon web service:
      > >
      > >my $artist = 'Lothar & Hand People';
      > >$artistRequest = {
      > > artist => $artist,
      > > page => 1,
      > > mode => 'music',
      > > tag => 'webservices-20',
      > > type => 'lite',
      > > devtag => '????',
      > > version => '1.0'
      > >};
      > >
      > ># This calls a proxy generated by VisualPerl
      >
      > That's interesting. I've just looked at the ActiveState site and see
      > that you're the lead-developer. Is the proxy-generation something
      > that you've developed?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic