1758Need Help parsing returned data on perl client (again, sorry)

  • ripperx007
    Aug 19 2:30 PM
      Hello,

      I am trying to return a hash to a client
      from a cgi perl soap server. I am trying
      just a simple hash with only 2 values for
      testing.

      # data i am trying to return

      %Soapdata = undef ;

      $Soapdata{1}="First hash value" ;
      $Soapdata{2}="Second hash value" ;

      return %Soapdata ;

      I can see the data in the XML output when I run
      the client script in trace mode.

      <s-gensym7 xsi:type="xsd:int">1</s-gensym7>
      <s-gensym9 xsi:type="xsd:string">First Hash value</s-gensym9>
      <s-gensym11 xsi:type="xsd:int">2</s-gensym11>
      <s-gensym13 xsi:type="xsd:string">Second Hash value</s-gensym13>

      But I cannot figure out how to parse it on the client end.
      I am using a perl client. I have researched most of the
      SOAP resources includine this mail group and still have
      no luck. Rather than confuse things with what I have
      tried could somebody please help with some quick code
      that would just get me started. I am just beginning to research
      SOAP and love programming in perl and wanted to see what
      all the hoopla was all about.

      -thanx
      -dusty
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic