1754RE: [soaplite] Returning multiple values from a SOAP::Lite server

  • Andersson, Kimmo
    Aug 16, 2002

      Hi !

      You did not mention with which language Your client is implemented.

      I have a SOAP client, actually a C++ library. So I had to embed Perl into my C++ code. Actually I have a own Perl module between C++ and SOAP::Lite. My Perl module returns the SOAP response as an array and I have no problems on C++ side while reading that array from the Perl stack.  Perl_call_argv returns the number of items Perl put into the stack. Just read that many items from the stack with POPp-function in a loop.

      But remember that they come from the Perl stack in reverse order. I put them into a STL list with push_front so they are then in the list automatically in the correct order.

      A bigger problem was that my library provides support for several different SOAP messages. The SOAP array from paramsout() might contain several arrays, or one array or none. So I have go through the array and de-reference the arrays in it. So only an array containing scalars is returned from my Perl module to C++.

      Kimmo Andersson

      Yomi Solutions Ltd                   E-mail:  Kimmo.Andersson@...

      P.O Box 354, Piippukatu 11     Mobile:  +358 50 384 3734

      FIN-40101 JYVÄSKYLÄ      Fax :     +358 14 240 4709