1690SOAP::Data->value() can it take SOAP::Data?

  • Jamie Curmi
    Jul 14, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'm very new to SOAP::Lite, and I seem to have a problem when I do
      anything a little more complicated than the examples I can find on the
      net.

      I'm writing a simple server. If my remote procedure returns:

      return SOAP::Data->name('FOO')->value(12);

      the client received XML of the following form, as expected (i'm using
      outputxml('true') to see the XML returned):

      <namesp1:hiResponse ...>
      <FOO xsi:type="xsd:int">12</FOO>
      </namesp1:hiResponse>

      However, if I try to do:

      return SOAP::Data->name('FOO')->value(
      SOAP::Data->name('BAR')->value(12));

      the client receives:

      <namesp1:hiResponse ...">
      <BAR xsi:type="xsd:int">12</BAR>
      </namesp1:hiResponse>

      ie, there is no FOO. I was expecting something along the lines of:

      <FOO>
      <BAR>12</BAR>
      </FOO>

      Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

      Thanks.

      Jamie
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic