162Re: [soaplite] HTTP Timeouts

    Apr 4, 2001
      Hi, Michael!

      Actually you have a couple of choices:

      you may pass transport dependent parameters right after endpoint
      address in proxy call:

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> proxy($proxy, timeout => 10)
      -> uri($uri);

      you'll find examples with this syntax with cookie_jar and options.

      you may also change it anytime after that, using transport() method:

      $soap->transport->timeout(10);

      Any transport specific method (LWP::UserAgent in this case) you can
      call with both syntaxes. Hope it helps. Examples for both you may
      find in documentation and I set timeout in test suite to get answer
      quicker if other side is dead or unreachable.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Michael Percy <mpercy@...> wrote:
      > Paul,
      > Thank you very much for such a great SOAP library, SOAP-Lite is
      > really
      > fantastic. Just wanted to express that.
      >
      > I was wondering if you could help solve something that is bothering
      > me a
      > bit. I have found a workaround, but I don't really like it very
      > much.
      >
      > My situation is that I am calling functions via SOAP that can take
      > five or
      > ten minutes to complete. With the default HTTP client under
      > SOAP::Lite, the
      > HTTP response timeout is set to 180 seconds. I would like to make
      > the
      > timeout 0, so that the client will wait indefinitely.
      >
      > There is a method timeout() of HTTP-UserAgent I have not been able
      > to access
      > via the SOAP object (or maybe I just don't know how). The only way
      > to set
      > the timeout is by doing this:
      >
      > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      > -> proxy($proxy)
      > -> uri($uri);
      >
      > # Disable UserAgent timeouts
      > $soap->{_transport}->{_proxy}->{timeout} = 0;
      >
      > Do you know what I could be doing wrong? I know this does not
      > affect
      > anything other than code maintainability because it works but I was
      > hoping
      > you knew of a more elegant solution. I am currently using SOAP-Lite
      > 0.46.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mike

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/