1600Re: MAX_CONTENT_SIZE in SOAP::Lite

  • ritun2000
    Jun 8, 2002
      Hi Paul,

      I have attached the client code herewith for your reference.

      #!/usr/bin/perl

      BEGIN {
      $::INC[@::INC] = "/net/lib";
      require Netconfig;
      require CGI;
      require Utils;
      use Data::Dumper;
      use strict;
      use SOAP::Lite;
      select((select(STDERR),$|=1)[0]);
      }
      # REAding the data from the file
      my ($hyphenfile, $hyphstr);
      $hyphenfile = "/net/doc/webservices/hyphen.txt";
      if(! ::file2str($hyphenfile, \$hyphstr)) {
      print "testservice.pl:: file2str failed\n";
      }
      @hyphdata = split(/\n\s*\n/,$hyphstr);
      print "ARRAY BEING GENERATED \n\n";
      foreach $hyphstr(@hyphdata){
      print "ELEMENT :: $hyphstr\n\n";
      }

      # Call method txt2opml

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://192.168.2.58/OutlinerService')
      -> proxy
      ('http://192.168.2.58/outlinerbin/webservices/outliner.cgi');
      $result = $soap->txt2opml(@hyphdata);
      $outfiles = $result->result();

      print "OPML FILES ARRAY BEING RETURNED \n\n";
      @outfiles = @$outfiles;

      print "CALLED txt2opml SUCCESSFULLY, NOW CALLING outlet2html \n\n\n";

      undef $result;
      $result = $soap->outlet2html(@outfiles);
      my $htmlarr = $result->result();
      my $other = $result->paramsout;

      print "HEADER:$other \n";
      print "HTML ARRAY BEING RETURNED \n\n";
      foreach $htmlfile(@$htmlarr){
      print "HTML FILE :: $htmlfile\n\n\n";
      }
      @htmlarr = @$htmlarr;
      print "CALLED outlet2html SUCCESSFULLY\n\n\n";

      The script usually fails while calling the second method (outlet2html)
      or while receiving the output of the first method (txt2opml).

      Further, here's the server code: (outliner.cgi)

      #!/usr/bin/perl

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('/net/lib/perl','OutlinerService')
      -> handle;

      I tried the server code with and without the Compress option.

      > Hi, Ritu!
      >
      > What do you mean by "does not process"? What errors are your
      getting?
      > There is no size limitations in SOAP::Lite and I've tested it with
      > the messages up to 5MB in length. You're mostly restricted by the
      > amount of available memory and complexity of your data structure.
      > MAX_CONTENT_SIZE variable allows you to limit the size of the
      message
      > for CGI transport, but it's switched off by default.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.
      >
      > --- ritun2000 <ritun2000@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > I just found through some trial and error that SOAP::LIte does
      > > not
      > > process data greater than 75000 bytes.
      > > I was trying to figure out, where this value has been set, but
      > > couldn't.
      > > I just found, the below line in SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      > >
      > > } elsif (defined $SOAP::Constants::MAX_CONTENT_SIZE && $length >
      > > $SOAP::Constants::MAX_CONTENT
      > > _SIZE) {
      > > $self->response(HTTP::Response->new(413)) # REQUEST ENTITY TOO
      > > LARGE
      > > }
      > >
      > > Is it possible to increase the limit for data size? If yes, where
      > > do i
      > > define it.
      > > Further, will increasing the limit, make performance of the
      library
      > > suffer?
      > >
      > > Awaiting pointers..
      > >
      > > Regards,