160HTTP Timeouts

  • Michael Percy
    Apr 3, 2001
      Paul,
      Thank you very much for such a great SOAP library, SOAP-Lite is really
      fantastic. Just wanted to express that.

      I was wondering if you could help solve something that is bothering me a
      bit. I have found a workaround, but I don't really like it very much.

      My situation is that I am calling functions via SOAP that can take five or
      ten minutes to complete. With the default HTTP client under SOAP::Lite, the
      HTTP response timeout is set to 180 seconds. I would like to make the
      timeout 0, so that the client will wait indefinitely.

      There is a method timeout() of HTTP-UserAgent I have not been able to access
      via the SOAP object (or maybe I just don't know how). The only way to set
      the timeout is by doing this:

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> proxy($proxy)
      -> uri($uri);

      # Disable UserAgent timeouts
      $soap->{_transport}->{_proxy}->{timeout} = 0;

      Do you know what I could be doing wrong? I know this does not affect
      anything other than code maintainability because it works but I was hoping
      you knew of a more elegant solution. I am currently using SOAP-Lite 0.46.

      Thanks,
      Mike
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic