1591Minor irritant with SOAP::Lite inheritance

  • Mark Wilkinson
    Jun 4, 2002
      One thing I have noticed as a minor irritant in using SOAP::Lite is that
      it is extremely difficult to generate new modules which inherit from
      it. This is because may of the calls (eg. ->proxy, ->uri, ->on_fault)
      result in operations that look like:

      $self = shift->new;

      attempting to recreate the inherited object (i.e. it is no longer a
      SOAP::Lite object which is shifted), which itself will call ->proxy
      during its initialization... and "BOOM", infinite recursion.

      most unpleasant :-)

      Is anyone aware of a way to get around this? it isn't a big deal, but
      if a method exists I'd like to know.

      Mark

      --
      "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."