1584peculiar behaviour with WSDL file as input

  • Mark Wilkinson
    Jun 3, 2002
      Hi Paul and Others!

      I'm experiencing some very strange behavior when I use a WSDL file as my
      service description to SOAP::Lite. Here are the symptoms:

      Services.cgi is sitting in my /cgi-bin/ folder, and is executable.

      Services.cgi includes the following:
      $x->dispatch_to('/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin', 'MOBY::Service',
      'MOBY::Service::MarksTestSequenceRetrieve');
      $x->handle

      Service.pm is sitting in my /cgi-bin/MOBY/ folder, and has the
      subroutine MarksTestSequenceRetrieve.

      Client code:

      $servicedef = "<...some wsdl file...>"; # newlines etc. have been
      removed
      my $Service =
      SOAP::Lite->service("data:,$servicedef")->on_debug(sub{print @_});
      $Service->uri('http://192.168.1.9/cgi-bin/MOBY/Service'); #
      removing this makes no difference...
      $Service->on_fault( sub{
      my($soap, $res) = @_;
      die ref $res ? $res->faultstring : $soap->transport->status,
      "\n";
      });

      my($method) = "MarksTestSequenceRetrieve";

      print $Service->call($method => "some input")->paramsall;
      # the line above correctly executes the call to the SOAP cgi server
      but tells me
      # that I have not defined the "Transport" using proxy(), so it
      returns no result

      print $Service->$method("some input")->paramsall;
      # the line above, which I thought should do the same thing, results
      in a Server 500 error,
      # that I don't have access to the subroutine
      MarksTestSequenceRetrieve in module "main"
      # (which confuses me, because that subroutine isn't supposed to be
      in module "main"
      # it is supposed to be in module Service.pm!)

      I'm lost... Any ideas? All other SOAP services on this machine work -
      it is only this one, that uses a WSDL definition, that does not work.
      The WSDL file I am using is at:
      http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca:8099/Check.wsdl

      It passes XML validation, but I don't know if it passes WSDL validation
      since the ActiveState validator is dead. I can't see anything
      *obviously* wrong, but perhaps someone else can.

      Mark

      --
      "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

      Dr. Mark Wilkinson