1484creating SOAP server

  • malkovichus
    May 2, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm trying to create an actual SOAP client that can process the
      following
      simple message.

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;

      package Demo;

      sub Get {
      return SOAP::Data->name('greeting' => 'SOAP greeting, hello');

      What I think this is doing is sending element called greeting that
      contains information: SOAP greeting, hello. And my questions is what
      should the client would look like to process this server
      information. If anyone post a simple client for this server, it would
      be
      very appreciated.

      What the following does is just sending plain ol' text, right?

      #!perl -w
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;
      package Demo;
      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";

      and the client just calling hi() or bye() without declaring the
      receiving soap elements and attributes.

      Any comments, posts. Thanks.

      Enkh