1446Re: Standalone daemon && HTTPS

  • mrdamnfrenchy
    Apr 26 6:01 AM
      > >>AFAIK, SOAP::Lite works in daemon mode up to 7-8 times faster than
      > >>using CGI-mode.
      > >>
      > >>But I'd like to use SOAP::Lite with HTTPS connections - i.e. question
      > >>is - "How can I use SOAP::Lite as standalone daemon that could speak
      > >>with clients over HTTPS?"

      That's easy, use your HTTPS capable web server as a proxy to you soap daemon.

      If you use Apache, here how you do it:
      - Run the SOAP::Lite HTTP daemon on a local port (bind to 127.0.0.1), say in this example, port 4567.
      - Make sure you apache install has mod_redirect and mod_proxy installed.
      - In your configuration file, put the following line:
      RewriteEngine on
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^soap.*
      RewriteRule ^/.*$ http://localhost:4567/ [P]
      (this would take a request to http://soap.yourdomain.com/ and redirect it to your daemon)
      or:
      RewriteEngine on
      RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^/path/to/soap
      RewriteRule ^/.*$ http://localhost:4567/ [P]
      (this would take a request to http://www.yourdomain.com/path/to/soap and redirect it to your daemon)

      I'm not sure, but I think you can put this in the .htaccess file as well.

      - Make sure apache is secured to your taste (path is only available via https (you can make that a RewriteCond as well), password protection, whatever).

      Now, the soap daemon is only accessible through apache, but it does most of the work, apache just act as an encrypter proxy.

      -Mathieu
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic