1409Support for SOAP 1.2

  • Randy J. Ray
    Apr 10, 2002
      Not to distract (too much) from the very-relevant issues of plugging security
      holes, but as I've been poring over the code while writing my book, I've
      noticed that the SOAP 1.2 support is almost in place, but not quite there.

      One noticable area is in the setting of the "Content-Type" header. According
      to Section 8 of "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 2: Adjunts"[1], the content type is
      being changed in 1.2 from "text/xml" to "application/soap":

      HTTP applications MUST use the media type "application/soap"
      according to RFC 3023 when including SOAP messages in HTTP
      exchanges.[2]

      The emphasis on "MUST" is in the text, as W3C uses these key-words and key-
      phrases to distinguish between required and recommended behavior.

      I know that 1.2 support is still in-progress, but I thought it might be nice
      to think about something slightly different than gaping holes :-).

      Randy
      [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#soapinhttp
      --
      rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

      Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
      to include uce@... and report@...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic