136Re: [soaplite] Segmentation fault after multiple method calls on a remote object

    Mar 22 11:36 AM
      Hi, Sean!

      Probably simpliest way to check it is to run these requests from SOAP
      shell, so you'll know for sure is it something related to SOAP or
      other parts of your application. Try to run:

      perl SOAPsh.pl <URL> <URI/namespace>

      and then
      > your_call(parameters)

      It's not always possible to emulate real application, but you'll be
      able to run several requests and see the results. Hope it'll give you
      some ideas.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Sean.Meisner@... wrote:

> [...]
      > calls, while running the same code under a version of Perl compiled
      > WITHOUT
      > thread
      > support will take 7 method calls to crash. I do not use multiple
      > threads in my
      > code.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any help,
      >
      > Sean
      >

      > Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@...> on 03/21/2001 06:05:16 PM
      >
      > Please respond to soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      > cc: (bcc: Sean Meisner/Great Lakes/AirTouch)
      > bcc: Sean Meisner/Great Lakes/AirTouch
      >
      > Subject: Re: [soaplite] Segmentation fault after multiple method
      > calls on a
      > remote object
      >

      > Hi, Sean!
      >
      > I'd rather to believe that server could crash (some of the possible
      > combinations that could make it are documented), but I never heard
      > about such problems on client side. What's your configuration? OS,
      > Perl, XML::Parser versions? Dynamic/static linking?
      >
      > Object-by-reference shouldn't have ANY impact on client side,
      > because
      > all processing is done on server and client just getting id and
      > should treat it as usual object. No differences.
      >
      > Only advice I have right now is to try run the same client code on
      > another machine (better with different configuration), hopefully
      > you
      > should be able to do it really quick. Keep me informed on that,
      > maybe
      > it's something I should take care of. Thank you.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.
      >
      > --- Sean.Meisner@... wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I wonder if anyone else has seen this problem.. I have a
      > SOAP::Lite
      > > client
      > > talking to a SOAP::Lite server. My server and client use
      > > objects_by_reference.
      > > In certain portions of the client code, when I make a bunch of
      > > method calls
      > > one after another on my remote object reference, I get a
      > > segmentation
      > > fault on the client side and the script dies. The server is
      > > unaffected by this
      > > error. My on_fault defined subroutine does not get called. Most
      > > baffling is,
      > > this behavior is inconsistent between different sections of the
      > > script.. in one
      > > portion, I may be able to call a method 4 times before it
      > crashes.
      > > In another
      > > section of the script, the same code will crash on the second
      > > method call.
      > > The particular method with which I'm seeing this error simply
      > takes
      > > 2 strings as
      > > parameters, and passes back a string.
      > >
      > > I'm just posting on the odd chance that someone else may have had
      > > this type
      > > of problem before and knows off the top of their head what the

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic