1285Re: [soaplite] How to get a response?

  • Tom Mornini
    Mar 8, 2002
      On Friday, March 8, 2002, at 12:30 AM, Sam Tregar wrote:

      > On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, tmornini wrote:
      >
      > I'm very curious, however, about which posts get answered,
      > and which don't. Have I missed an important point here, or do
      > the answers actually come completely at random? :-)
      >
      > This is the best treatment of the subject I've ever seen:
      >
      > http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
      >
      > Although it's a bit over-deterministic. There is, of course, a
      > pseudo-random human element as well; sometimes the right person to
      > answer
      > your question just hasn't had the time to read the mailing-list in a few
      > weeks... Sometimes when they get back they skim through the missed
      > messages too fast to realize you never got an answer.

      Thanks, Sam.

      I was trying to politely, and with a bit of humor, get a bit of
      attention.

      I was surprised not to have received a response to some of the good and
      thought provoking questions I asked as my questions usually rocket to
      the top of list moms' most desirable to answer list. :-)

      I felt quite certain that I wasn't being ignored on purpose: while my
      questions themselves might not be the most exciting in the world, a
      patch and an offer to contribute an entire functional module are rarely
      completely ignored! They're typically either 1) thankfully accepted, or
      2) ridiculed, but are rarely 3) completely and silently ignored.

      In addition, another person asked nearly exactly the same question that
      I did, about forcing typed decoding for incoming requests from MS SOAP
      Toolkit 2.0 clients, which further leads me to believe that the
      questions I ask are generally relevant and will eventually be responded
      to. :-)

      --
      -- Tom Mornini
      -- eWingz Systems, Inc.