127Re: [soaplite] Segmentation fault after multiple method calls on a remote object

    Mar 21, 2001
      Hi, Sean!

      I'd rather to believe that server could crash (some of the possible
      combinations that could make it are documented), but I never heard
      about such problems on client side. What's your configuration? OS,
      Perl, XML::Parser versions? Dynamic/static linking?

      Object-by-reference shouldn't have ANY impact on client side, because
      all processing is done on server and client just getting id and
      should treat it as usual object. No differences.

      Only advice I have right now is to try run the same client code on
      another machine (better with different configuration), hopefully you
      should be able to do it really quick. Keep me informed on that, maybe
      it's something I should take care of. Thank you.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Sean.Meisner@... wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I wonder if anyone else has seen this problem.. I have a SOAP::Lite
      > client
      > talking to a SOAP::Lite server. My server and client use
      > objects_by_reference.
      > In certain portions of the client code, when I make a bunch of
      > method calls
      > one after another on my remote object reference, I get a
      > segmentation
      > fault on the client side and the script dies. The server is
      > unaffected by this
      > error. My on_fault defined subroutine does not get called. Most
      > baffling is,
      > this behavior is inconsistent between different sections of the
      > script.. in one
      > portion, I may be able to call a method 4 times before it crashes.
      > In another
      > section of the script, the same code will crash on the second
      > method call.
      > The particular method with which I'm seeing this error simply takes
      > 2 strings as
      > parameters, and passes back a string.
      >
      > I'm just posting on the odd chance that someone else may have had
      > this type
      > of problem before and knows off the top of their head what the
      > cause may be..
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sean Meisner

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/