1203Re: SOAP::Lite with Crypt::CBC

  • emdee
    Jan 31, 2002
      Just a follow up,

      It turns out the problem was the variable was tainted. It had
      occurred to me that the problem seemed like a taint issue but I
      wasn't explicitly running in taint mode nor was I accessing any
      system calls so I had dismissed that. Silly me. Since I'm running
      these under cgiwrap I was automatically in taint mode and Crypt::CBC
      does something with the data that taint mode doesn't allow, causing
      the failure.

      Michael~

      --- In soaplite@y..., "emdee" <emdee@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm having this crazy problem that I've worked down to either
      being
      > a problem with SOAP::Lite, Crypt::CBC or interaction between them.
      > I've pasted a few scripts below that demonstrate the issue. These
      are
      > boiled down from the actual application I'm working on to more
      > clearly isolate the problem.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic