1173Re: [soaplite] Re: $My::SOAP::Transport::CGI::POST_MAX = 100 * 1024

    Jan 21, 2002
      Hi, Duncan!

      --- Duncan Cameron <dcameron@...> wrote:
      > What's the motivation? To stop deliberate attempts to
      > overload/crash
      > the SOAP application? By the time the CGI application runs, the
      > http server has probably read all the request anyway. Maybe it's
      > http server which needs to have limit applied?
      No, server shouldn't read all the request at this point. In most
      cases it'll just redirect STDIN/STDOUT, so CGI application will get
      the request by reading its STDIN.

      > However I notice that CGI.pm has a similar idea, $CGI::POST_MAX,
      > so perhaps it's a sound idea.
      Yes, because it's CGI app's responsibility to read and handle the

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic