1171Re: [soaplite] Re: $My::SOAP::Transport::CGI::POST_MAX = 100 * 1024

    Jan 21, 2002
      Hi, Aaron!

      --- aaron_of_montreal <aaron_of_montreal@...> wrote:
      > That's what I thought, originally, but decided to err on the side
      > of paranoia :
      >
      > "The Content-length header specifies the length of the data (in
      > bytes)
      > that is returned by the client-specified URL. Due to the dynamic
      > nature of some requests, the Content-length is sometimes unknown,
      > and this header might be omitted." [1]
      From the context it seems like this text applies to server side,
      rather than to client side, so Duncan's code should be sufficient in
      most if not all cases.

      The only problem that I currently have is whether I should return
      HTTP error (for example: "413 Request Entity Too Large") or SOAP
      fault. I can also generate "411 Length Required" when there is no
      Content-length header.

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
      http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic