1163Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite architecture

  • Sam Tregar
    Jan 20, 2002
      On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

      > How about XML::Parser? Can't imagine there will be only one.

      I'll stick my neck out - I think this one was a bad choice. It probably
      should have been XML::Parser::Expat or just XML::Expat. But, hey, it's
      Larry Wall, who's going to argue? ;)

      > There is no "best practices" on thi topic, but I'd like to know
      > different opinions, so next time I'll do it right.

      I strongly disagree. There is a well documented "best practice" - write
      to modules@... and register your namespaces with them. I suspect
      you could have avoided squatting on SOAP:: if you'd gotten their input
      when you started the module!

      > I just meant that if you have:
      >
      > -- Foo.pm
      > package Foo;
      >
      > package Bar;
      >
      > you'll be able to do 'use Foo', but not 'use Bar' without doing
      > tricks with %INC.

      Ah, right. Yes, this is a small problem but it's not a big deal when you
      consider that users shouldn't usually be loading sub-modules directly.

      -sam
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic