1156SOAP::Lite architecture

  • Sam Tregar
    Jan 20, 2002
      Why is SOAP::Lite stored in one module file? I ask for two reasons:

      1) It seems to me that memory usage could be lowered if modules were
      only loaded into memory when actually used. This can be done through
      require, autouse or (shudder) the AutoLoader.

      2) I've never seen a module distribution this large in one file before.
      I'm writing about CPAN module construction at the moment - if there
      are reasons to recommend doing things this way I'd like to hear them!

      Also, any reason why SOAP::Lite doesn't use its own namespace for internal
      modules (for example by using SOAP::Trace rather than SOAP::Lite::Trace)?

      -sam
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic