1151Can SOAP::Lite

  • kafka.rm
    Jan 17, 2002
      Hi everybody!

      I'm developing an integration module between intershop4 and a scala
      system using the soap::lite module. What I'm doing is the client
      that works in the background of the intershop-system (that is a kind
      of application server). This client retreivs data from a ms soap-
      toolkit sitting ontop of a ms sql-server.

      The data in the ms-sql server is in the estonian and lettian
      language, and contains a lot of special charachters and stuff. As
      far as I know, it's stored in unicode there. I should perhaps
      mention that I'm not that experienced when it comes to charcher-
      encodings and such.

      Well, the responses I get from the server are, according to the xml-
      declaration, utf-8. Though, when i print it in a terminal window or
      to the browser through the application server, the text is garbeld.
      I've understood that utf-8 is not usually used in web-pages or such?

      If I right click the page and choses encoding utf-8 instead, the
      page is displayed ok though.

      My question is really how these things are normally solved? When I
      use for example the exerces xml-parser for java, the response I get
      back is translated into unicode, so this isn't a problem. Can Soap-
      lite or xml::parser do that as well? Or do I explicitly have to
      translate everything I pick out from the response to unicode with
      some other perl-module?

      I'd be really grateful for any help in this!

      Best regards,
      David Backman
      Web Trade Systems
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic