1106Re: [soaplite] Re: SOAP Call - sending XML to hash

  • Mental
    Dec 17, 2001
      On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:31:22PM -0000, markbaxterus wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm not Paul, but I'll attempt to give a reasonable response. :-)

      Good stuff to know. :)

      > A service/wsdl call does not return a SOAP::SOM object. Instead it
      > returns the result directly. However, you can get at the SOAP::SOM
      > object.

      The next question is: Is there a way to call service and not have it blow
      up if the url is unreachable?

      > my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service($wsdl);

      If in this case, $wsdl is unreachable or down, you'll get an error
      regardless of what you want to do next. I'm talking to several search
      engines, one of which is a soap server. I'd like my call to the soap
      server to not blowup the other calls. Thus, in
      sub get_soap_results I'd like to do something to the effect of

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service($wsdl) || return undef;

      The service being down isnt important (to me) so much as the composite
      results from the remaining sources are.... Should I factor out soap to its
      own object and call it from there? I think the way its handling an
      unreachable service will bubble up regardless.

      I suppose I could validate the url with LWP first, but that seems
      expensive for my purposes.....

      Thanks for any insight.

      --
      Mental (Mental@...)