SOAP directly to app server?

  • marcusweden
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2004
      Hi!

      I want to use a stand alone application (maybe Java Swing or Windows
      Forms)(with some toolkit) to send a SOAP message to an
      intermediary/server environment. Do I
      need a Web server receiving and processing the SOAP over HTTP or can
      an application server (with some API like Apache SOAP/Axis) receive
      and process SOAP Messaging(/XML Document)/literal? There are a lot
      of examples in Internet where a browser accesses a servlet on a Web
      server, but what if I use a stand alone application. They gray zone
      between app server and Web server makes it even more complicated.

      Thanks in advance!

      Marcus