Error in Axis

  • nicetuong
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004
      Hi there,
      I am a newbie in Web service. I develope a message-based web service.
      This service uses an XML file as input.
      If the file XML is without <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>, it
      works smoothly.
      However, the XML file was created by using DOM, it always has <?xml
      version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>...

      Does anyone have the same error with me?
      The error message is like below:
      <ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The processing
      instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not
      allowed.</faultstring>
      <detail/>
      </ns1:Fault>

      I searched on internet, there are some suggestion that I should
      remove a space before the tag <?xml>, but there was no spcace.

      Or Does anyone know how to create an XML file without tag <?xml
      version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>, it just has XML-based hierarchical
      data like:
      <data>
      <item>...AAA </item>
      </data>

      Thank you in advance,
      It's urgent, plz help me.
    • George Rusev
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004

        Most probably you have whitespace before:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        Just like one SPACE character, TAB or NEW LINE :-)

        Regards,
        George

        http://mail.yahoo.com