RE: [soapbuilders] DIME protocol

  • Dick Brooks
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
      Gartner issued a release on August 26, 2004 titled "ebXML's Future Appears
      Brightest in Messaging". ebXML's Message Service uses Soap with Attachments,
      which seems to have momentum on the attachments front. Here are a few
      excerpts from Gartners report:

      By early 2006, as many as 75 percent of
      middleware vendors will offer ebMS support
      (0.8 probability).

      By 2006, 25 percent of enterprises with
      B2B-centric Web services deployments will
      use a combination of ebMS and Secure
      Sockets Layer to secure their Web services
      communications (0.6 probability).

      Dick Brooks
      B2B Application Integration and CyberSecurity Consultant
      Lowell, Massachusetts
      http://www.tech-comm.com/dbc
      US Telephone: 602-684-1484
      EU Telephone: +353 86 050-9248